Creating a creative working environment that feels calm and stress-free evolves into a professional organizing task that many people need assistance on. In today’s environment people want to be green, reduce costs, be efficient, and be organized. One way to accomplish the above is by organizing your files in such a way that they will not take up space and yet be organized and easily found.
You are probably asking: how do you do that? It’s simple. By organizing your files and converting them to an electronic format, you will reduce your overall cost, the files will take up less space, and you will become more efficient and organized. By having all your files in one location, you will ultimately reduce your stress, and your documents will be more easily accessible.
- If you are like most people, your files are massive; do not attempted to convert all your files at once. Instead, section out your filing cabinet into something more manageable, and create a timetable of when the entire project will be completed.
- Review all your files, and throw out any that you no longer have a use for. There is no sense in converting a file to an electronic copy if it is no longer needed.
- You are probably wondering: how do I convert my files? This is accomplished by utilizing a scanner. When you are shopping for a scanner, make sure that it is compatible with your computer and software.
- If the task is too daunting, you may want to consider hiring a Professional Organizer to help you plan and strategize your initiative to become more organized.
- Once you have completed the initial scan of documents into your hard drive, it will be important to keep up with all the paper that tends to pile up. I recommend creating a schedule with a daily or weekly task to scan all the files. Sign up for electronic statements for all your bills and bank statements.
- There are some records that you may want to scan as backup, but will also need to keep hard copies. These documents include, but are not limited to: birth certificates, family records, educational records and property titles.
- Once the paperwork is gone, then the real creative process starts. It will add positive energy decor, art and lighting to create a happy space that you will truly love.
Please let me know if you need assistance to help you get organized. We are here to help!